Westminster Bridge at Night

Westminster Bridge at Night
Taxi pickup on Westminster Bridge, London

Sunday 28 April 2019

Time and Motion

F/2.8   ---   ¼ Sec ---   ISO 100   ---   67mm


I bought a couple of cheap so-called scientific toys
a little while ago, with the intention of photographing them. Well, eventually I found a spare couple of hours to set up a light box, a couple of flashes and a tripod and off I went.

f/16   ---   1 Sec   ---   ISO 100   ---   67mm






The intention was to freeze motion while capturing motion trails. For that you require a combination of flash and slow shutter speed.
 





f/11   ---   1 Sec   ---   ISO 100   ---   65mm


 As is my wont (and 35mm purists will no doubt shudder at this) I shot off a couple of hundred frames, messing about with all sorts of camera and flash settings, changing gels, re-positioning the subject and so on.










f/22   ---   10 Sec   ---   ISO 100   ---   65mm


I won't say that the results were disappointing - they weren't - but, well, there was no "wow" at the end of it all. More, "Yeah, that's ok I suppose."


f/22   ---   6 Sec   ---   ISO 100   ---   57mm





If I'm honest, I don't really know what I expected. I think that the environment wasn't quite right and I also think that my images do not display at their best on my rather elderly monitors.


 
 
 
 
 



f/22   ---   6 Sec   ---   ISO 100   ---   57mm



 
 
I'll no doubt have another go at something similar one day, but for now, these are a few of those that made the final cut, which was about a tenth of the whole shoot.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat about photography!